1) Explain the difference between the null and alternative
hypothesis. Which one can be proven in a statistical sense?
2) Explain why it is always necessary to specify a fixed null
value in the one-sample hypothesis test, while such specifications
are generally not necessary for the two-sample hypothesis test.
3) Define the significance level of a test, and the two kinds of
errors associated with testing.
4) What is simple linear regression? How does one find the best
fitting regression line?
5) Explain why the prediction interval is necessarily wider than
the corresponding confidence interval.